This post is a result of another of my non-traditions Bible Study methods called “The Snow Globe Method.” With this method, you just need to have a lot of different Bible verses and hymn choruses and sermon notes and things your grandma told you all floating around in your mind. Get as many as you can in there!
Then you shake them all up, wait for them to settle, and whatever is on the top, that’s what you use! The key for this to be successful is to have a lots of materials, just like how a real snow globe is more interesting if you have (1) Big Chunky Sequin Shapes and (2) Sparkly Glitter along with (3) Plenty Of Plain White Snowflakes.
So let’s see what’s in there!
Big Chunky Sequin Shapes…That’s the part about Father Abraham And The Lord’s Covenant Promise With Him. (Genesis 15)
- The first time God told anyone “Fear not.”
- The first time anyone called God “Adonai, Lord.”
- The first time God shows up and makes a Promise Covenant representing both Himself and Humankind.
Sparkly Glitter…That’s the part about Our Boy Samuel Hearing From The Lord. (1 Samuel 3)
- The first time God spoke and appeared to anyone in a really long time.
- The first time we ever get a look at what it means to have the heart of a servant in a child.
Plenty Of Plain White Snowflakes…That’s the part about Jesus Calming The Storm. (Matthew 8; Mark 4; Luke 8)
- A real life example of how fear of any kind can prevent us from seeing who Jesus really is, Our Lord.